The Toronto Festival of Arts, Culture and Creativity (“Luminato”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its employees, members, customers, volunteers and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us. Anyone from whom we collect personal information can expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
Personal information gathered by Luminato is kept in confidence. We will say what personal information we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it, and will only collect personal information that’s necessary for the stated purpose. Collection, use, or disclosure of personal information will be done only with full knowledge and consent. Luminato will use or disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it was explicitly collected, and will keep it only as long as it’s needed for those purposes, unless we are legally required to use or disclose it for other purposes. Luminato takes all reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of this information and that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
A. Collecting Your Personal Information
Luminato collects personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our day-to-day operations, special events and other activities. Luminato collects such details as your name, address, telephone and fax number and email address. In addition, within a survey we may ask for information about the cultural activities that you are interested in – and other information needed to make the Festival as relevant as possible. For individuals under the legal age of consent, we require the consent of a parent or the Individual’s legal guardian for the collection of your personal information.
When personal information is collected for a specific purpose such as fundraising or other special events, registration forms, websites, newsletters, sponsor sheets or documentation, we will provide details of the purposes for which the information is collected and is to be used. If you choose to purchase event tickets or merchandise available on our website that requires a credit card, Luminato and third-party credit card processors will collect and use your credit card information only to process the transaction-have you made on this website. For your protection, we do not maintain credit card information on file subsequent to transaction processing. This means for those subsequent transactions; you will be required to re-enter your credit card information. To change or update the personal information please use the user login option.
B. Use of your Personal Information
For our internal business purposes, collected information may be processed such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new products, to enhance our websites, to improve our services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
Luminato may use your personal information to send you more information about Luminato’s events and related events sometimes held by third-party cultural organizations only if you have opted in to receive this information.
We do not sell, trade or share otherwise our mailing lists. If you wish at any time to be removed from our mailing lists or withdraw your consent to use your personal information as described in this Policy, you may do so by contacting the Privacy Officer (see details below) or through the unsubscribe link on any email received from us.
C. Securing Your Personal Information
Luminato takes all reasonable measures to assure the security and integrity of your personal information is accurate and that it is complete and up-to-date.
Luminato does make use of tracking technology (“Cookies”) to gather information such as browser and operating system types, referral page, path through site, domain of ISP etc. for the purpose of understanding how visitors use this website. Cookies help us tailor this website to your personal needs.
Luminato keeps all the information collected from cookies in a non-personally identifiable format. This kind of information therefore obtained through Cookies will not be disclosed outside Luminato or designated third parties. It will not be used for unsolicited communications.
- Essential Website Functionality. Our website requires these cookies in order to fully utilize our services, login to secure areas and purchase to tickets.
- Performance and Functionality. These cookies provide the functionality to remember preferences and enhance our functionality but are not strictly required to access our services.
- Usage Tracking. we use pixels, cookies, and related tracking technology to measure the performance of our marketing efforts. for example, tracking opens and clicks in our emails.
- Google Analytics, Retargeting, and Ads. we use Google Analytics for Display Advertising. we use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. This site and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to this website. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
- Facebook Analytics, Advertising, & Social Features. we use Facebook technologies to customize content and advertising, to provide social media features, and to analyze traffic to our website.
- Microsoft Clarity. Clarity captures the interactions on a website such as how the page has rendered and what interactions users undertake such as mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, etc. to improve user experience.
- AdRoll & Madgicx are the third-party marketing tools that we are currently using to manage and optimize our ad delivery and to engage our audiences.
You can choose to remove or disable cookies in your browser settings and you may use browser extensions with our site that limit the ability to set third certain types of cookies including those from AdRoll, Facebook, Google and Microsoft.
Please be assured that you can adjust settings on your computer to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of this website if you do so. See your browser’s “help” button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this website. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations, you need to make sure that each browser is adjusted to your Cookie preferences.
E. Accessing and / or Changing Your Personal Information
Individuals have full access to any personal information that has been collected about them. To arrange access to or change any information that is not accurate, complete, or up-to-date, please contact our Privacy Officer (see details below).
We regularly review our privacy practices and may amend this policy from time to time. Please check the Luminato website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
G. Contact Information
180 Shaw St. Suite 301
Toronto, ON, M6J 2W5
Tel: 416 368 3100
This policy developed following PIPEDA guidelines, exceptions are business contact information and certain publicly available information, where an individual uses their home contact information as business contact information as well, it is considered that the contact information provided as business contact information, doesn’t fall under PIPEDA.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on January 25, 2022.