Ambassadors warmly welcome and actively engage guests at the different venues and Festival sites. This large group of volunteers act as the public face of Luminato by greeting guests, answering general questions and providing information about different activities.
- A desire to volunteer, previous volunteer experience is not required!
- Basic knowledge about the 2019 Luminato Festival
- Basic knowledge about the venue/area you are stationed
- Ability to interact comfortably with the public.
Festival Administrative Volunteers (FAVs) help with “behind the scenes” tasks at Luminato’s Volunteer Centre. They use their excellent administrative and communication skills to assist the Volunteer Department with general office work such as scheduling, on-shift updates, and data entry.
- Love admin work!
- Tech savvy
- Detail oriented
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to learn the backend of our volunteer database, BetterImpact.
- Be able to independently work on computer or administrative tasks
- Provide friendly and helpful support at the Volunteer Hub .
The Front of House (FOH) Usher + Scanner team closely collaborates with the Ticketing Team and FOH Manager. This busy position requires you to tear/scan tickets at events, usher patrons to their seats, provide information about the festival with good humour and a smile on your face.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Knowledge about your venue
- Calm and collected attitude during stressed and busy environments
- FOH experience
- Provide on-site information and directions to patrons
If you are between 14 and 18 years of age and are passionate about the arts, you are eligible to join the volunteer youth team. You will earn community service hours while building skills in the area of customer service, leadership, communication, and collaboration. Experienced Luminato team leaders will lead a limited number of groups (2-4 youth per group) during a shift. Once your application has been processed, we will be in touch with more detailed information about the next steps.
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time for further questions.
You are our understudy, our sixth person (for you sports enthusiasts); you'll be there ready and willing to fill in for any role. Get ready your amazing team spirit cause it's gonna be great.
- Be able to travel to festival venues at a moment's notice
- A "Can do" attitude
- Friendly, adaptive personality
- Attend FOH training
- Keep up-to-date with the festival's programming and going-ons
Marketing Volunteers help with all things marketing. In this role you be assisting our marketing team with setting up signage, events, gathering digital content, surveying and handing out promo material to audiences.
- Love engaging/talking with audiences
- Knowledge of social media
- Detail oriented
- Responsible with confidential information
- Please note that some late nights maybe involved
- Open to those of age 19+
- Application and interview
- Able to attend a training session
As part of our partnership with CultureLink, a settlement & community services agency for new Canadians, we are recruiting mentors to work with small groups of newcomers as they prepare to volunteer at the Luminato Festival. Mentors will guide their mentees through the CultureLink training program beginning in March. This opportunity will provide an even greater capacity to give back, both to the Luminato Festival and to a group of excited newcomers to Canada. Between April and June, a CultureLink mentor is expected to volunteer for 40 hours, attending the following activities:
- Interview (for new volunteer mentors)
- Mentor Meet & Greet
- Bi-weekly meetings with mentees
- Training sessions
- Luminato Festival shifts
- Program evaluation
- Above the age of 19 with strong leadership skills
- An experienced Luminato volunteer
- Knowledgeable about both Toronto and its arts and culture scene
- A desire to help teach newcomers and build skills
- Patient and empathetic
- Highly organized and great at scheduling
- Attend an interview with a CultureLink and Luminato staff member (if new)
- Complete a police check with CultureLink
- Attend Mentor Orientation and Training
- Organize, schedule, and plan activities/meetings with your mentees
- Guide newcomer volunteers through the Luminato program
- Complete 3 Luminato Festival shifts with your mentees
- Approx. 40 hours minimum time commitment between March to end of June
Team Leaders manage groups of volunteers and act as the main contact point between sites and venue staff as well as volunteers and the volunteer department. Team Leaders are responsible for assigning tasks to volunteers, rotating their team through breaks and are experts at creating a fun and focused atmosphere.
- Experienced Luminato volunteer
- Friendly and personable
- Attend an interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Attend a training session
- Communicate clearly with volunteers and staff
- Plan your shift accordingly
- Confidence to troubleshoot on site.