If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request.
- Captions available on Zoom.
- Option for phone interview.
- Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email Project Manager, Executive Office, Sarah Yellin ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Role: Volunteer Coordinator
We are looking for a friendly and outgoing Volunteer Coordinator to join our production team. This role will have the opportunity to help shape Luminato’s volunteer program. Luminato works with 200+ active volunteers each year. You will act as the liaison between the volunteer department and the production team. The ideal candidate is someone who is confident, compassionate, and organized.
Approximate start date: February 26th, 2024
Approximate end date: June 28th, 2024
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain the volunteer management software, Better Impact
- Keep up to date with volunteer communications
- Source vendors and opportunities for volunteer benefits
- Process volunteer shifts and supervise volunteers during the festival
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to cultivate all the skills and experience required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role. We encourage candidates who have a solid, base skill set for the position and are interested in learning the rest to apply.
What You Must Have:
- Previous experience working with volunteers in some capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be confident and assertive while maintaining good interpersonal relationships with volunteers
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Previous experience using a volunteer management software
- Previous festival or events experience
What Can Be Learned:
- Management, communication, and organizational skills
- A behind the scenes look at the operations of a large scale arts and culture festival
- How budgets operate
- Commitment to your development and growth. Regular internal trainings in topics such as anti-racism, disability awareness, leadership as well as self-led professional development opportunity support.
- Great culture. We strive to create a supportive and understanding environment here at Luminato. Our work environment is relaxed and our hours are flexible, outside of an expectation to be online/available between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- Work-life Balance. Many employee-led social and wellness initiatives that all staff are encouraged to participate in.
- Incredible Team. We have a dynamic, resourceful, talented and collaborative team here at Luminato. We are a small but mighty team who are constantly finding new ways of working together and supporting one another to achieve our organizational and personal goals.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and cover letter by Monday, February 12th at 5pm, telling us a bit about yourself, your experience and why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.