The Mid-Winter Playlist
We’re definitely not Pitchfork but we made a list anyway.
Top 7 midwinter listening suggestions to get you through the last few days of 2020 and beyond.
- LAL – Meteors Could Come Down
Yes, Rosina Kasi (one half of the duo named LAL) is a creative producer here at Luminato. Yes, we are biased. And yes, it’s still an incredible album born from the depths of strangeness that was 2020. Top of our list.
- Backxwash – God has nothing to do with this, leave him out of it
Winner of the 2020 Polaris Prize. No further explanation required.
- Jessie Reyes – Before Love Came to Kill Us
That line, “like June in the west end”, catches all our Toronto feels. Next summer we can hang out, right?
- Jamael Dean – Ished Tree
Pianist and jazz prodigy helping us stay calm as 2021 looms on the horizon.
- Pheobe Bridgers – Punisher
Seems like an appropriate sentiment for the year past.
- Peggy Gou – Starry Night (or how to feel alive)
- The Beaches – The Professional
If a straight-forward rocker chic band named for an east-end neighbourhood is your jam, this one’s for you.