The Hearn Generating Station is one of the most unique industrial landmarks in the world. It is three times larger than the Tate Modern, the Statue of Liberty fits in it upright (or on its side), and it sits proudly on Toronto’s waterfront. Its smokestack is one of the few structures in Toronto (apart from the CN Tower) you can see distinctly from across the lake on a good day.
In June 2016 Luminato will turn on the Hearn.
440 UNWIN AVENUE, TORONTO, ON M4M 3B9
Tuesday to Friday: 5 PM to 11 PM or close of programming
Saturday and Sunday: 11 AM to 11 PM or close of programming*
*Open at 10 AM on Saturday, June 18
Photo by Jonathan Castellino.
Getting to the Hearn
The Hearn is just a hop, skip and a jump from downtown Toronto. There are many ways to get there quickly and easily!
Take public transit:
72C Pape bus from Pape Station to Cherry & Commissioners
121C Fork York-Esplanade bus
Then wait for the free Luminato Shuttle Bus to pick you up.
Visit ttc.ca for updates on the nearest stop or schedule change.
Drive and park on-site. Learn more about parking >
SPECIAL OFFER: PARK AT THE HEARN FOR FREE
Use car2go to get to the Hearn and don't pay for parking! There will be a car2go drop-off zone in the parking lot at the Hearn.
Not a car2go member? Sign up today using promo code LUMINATO15 for free registration and 15 minutes of drive time.*
*Offer valid until June 26
Take the Luminato Shuttle Bus, running daily every 30-45 minutes (depending on traffic) from Union Station to the Hearn Generating Station, available on first-come, first-served basis. The shuttle is not accessible.
Schedule & More Info >
Bike on the Martin Goodman Trail and ride along Unwin Avenue. Bikes can park and lock up for free in our bike stands.
Use your favourite taxi or car-share service.
Navigating at the Hearn
There will be three custom-built dining spaces at the Hearn. Learn more >
Read More about the Hearn
The Hearn Trail
Explore the past, present and future of the Hearn Generating Station, once the largest enclosed building in Canada, on a free walking tour presented by Timberland®. The tour is fully booked, but you can download an audio guide and do a self-guided tour around the Hearn.
More information about what to do at the Hearn >
Our venues are fully accessible unless otherwise noted. We offer hearing assistance receivers (theatre only), wheelchair accessibility and accessible parking. We also welcome service animals and support persons.
Read more about Festival Accessibility >
Learn more about accessibility at the Hearn Generating Station in this article from AccessTO >
- Hearing assistance receivers are available complimentary on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your device in the lobby before the show. We’re sorry – these devices cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- Our venues include accessible and adaptive seats and are available first come, first serve by calling the box office at 416 368 4849. You are welcome to bring your own assistive device; large devices, like walkers, may be stored outside the auditorium during performances.
- Luminato Festival is happy to offer Wheel-Trans users reimbursement for their trip to and from the Hearn Generating Station during our festival. Learn more >
- Special access parking is available at the Hearn Generating Station and can be purchased in advance online (recommended) or on-site. Spaces are limited, valid permit required. Buy now >
- Service animals are welcome. Please speak to the Box Office when ordering to ensure a suitable seat is reserved.
- Support persons are welcome to provide assistance but must have a valid ticket to events that have assigned seating. Complimentary admission for one support person will be granted with a valid CNIC card.
- Magnifying sheets may be borrowed from our House Managers.
JACKMAN GALLERY SUPPORTED BY
JOAN AND JERRY LOZINSKI LOUNGE SUPPORTED BY
Joan and Jerry Lozinski
Luminato Festival is pleased to work with Solotech Toronto, the premier end-to-end provider of entertainment technology services, as the production and technical operations supplier for the Hearn Generating Station. Code compliance is being managed by LRI Engineering Inc., fire protection and building code consulting engineers, and Blackwell Structural Engineering Services are the structural engineers.