Follow the spark to the opening party of Luminato Festival Toronto. Reigniting Toronto with 11 days of big, bold exceptional art in both familiar and unexpected places.
DJs | Surprise Performances | Sips | Snacks
Thursday, June 9, 2022 | 8:30pm – Late
Brookfield Place, 181 Bay Street, Toronto
You + 1 || Dress to express
Proof of vaccination required. Please see COVID policy below.
What to know before you go
Doors open at 8:30pm
Remarks and performances begin at 9:45pm
Check in: Share your name and proof of vaccination at the door upon arrival. Please see COVID policy below.
Dress to express: Time to dust off your party clothes and wear what puts you in the mood to celebrate! Comfy shoes are suggested for dancing.
Need pre-party plans? Be sure to check out Luminato Live in Yonge-Dundas Square or book your tickets for What You Won’t Do For Love prior to the opening party. If you’re attending What You Won’t Do For Love, Volvo Cars Canada is offering a complimentary electrified vehicle concierge service from the Canadian Opera Company Theatre to Brookfield Place. Catch a ride by visiting the Volvo concierge counter outside the Canadian Opera Company Theatre. Shuttle service is on a first come first served basis.
Turn your selfie green: Take a photo in front of the Volvo living wall. For every photo posted, Volvo Cars Canada will plant 5 trees through One Tree Planted! Simply post and tag @luminatofestival @volvocarcanada with the hashtags #Luminato2022 #VolvoRecharge
Brookfield Place is located at 181 Bay Street, just north of Front Street. Please enter via the main entrance, where you will see a green carpet and Volvo shuttle activation. Enter through the doors and head East inside the hall until you reach the check-in desk. Please consider taking public transit or rideshare for safety and convenience.
Brookfield Place is a <5 min walk from Union Station. Exit on the east side and walk north on Bay Street.
The Brookfield Place underground parking can be accessed on Wellington or Front Street.Once in the garage, take the parking garage elevators in the Bay Wellington Tower to Concourse Level (C), and the escalators up to the Allen Lambert Galleria. Note there are two sets of parking garage elevators. If you take the ones in the TD Tower, you can still go up to Concourse Level and make your way to the stairs or escalators up to the Allen Lambert Galleria.
We are taking added precautions to prioritize the health and safety of all festival supporters, artists, partners and friends.
- Proof of vaccination is required to enter the event space. Please have it ready to expedite the check in process.
- If you are feeling unwell or have been identified as a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID, please stay at home.
- We are encouraging all guests to take a Rapid Antigen Test at home prior to arrival.
- Masks are required when not eating and drinking.
- We will be contact tracing at this event, so we ask that any positive cases arising from this event are reported to our People and Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brookfield Place is a large airy lobby with high ceilings are good air circulation.
- We are expecting 400 guests.
- Please visit our COVID-19 policy for up-to-date procedures.
ASL interpreters will be in attendance. Please visit our Visual Story for sensory and accessibility information.