If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request.
- Captions available on Zoom.
- Option for phone interview.
- Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email Project Manager, Executive Office, Sarah Yellin ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Role: Senior Manager, Brand and Marketing
Application Deadline: September 11, 2023
Functional Area: Marketing and Communications
Full Time Permanent
Start Date: October 2023
Salary: $79,000 – $90,000
We are seeking a passionate and strategic Senior Manager, Brand and Partnerships to play a pivotal role in realizing Luminato’s evolving brand vision. In this role, you will develop and execute a comprehensive brand strategy to elevate our festival’s brand presence year-round and lead annual go-to-market campaigns. This role requires a creative and strategic thinker who will translate insights from the audience experience team to build awareness of the festival and grow our audiences locally, nationally and internationally. This role is also responsible for forging and stewarding strong media partnerships in service of this portfolio.
What You’ll Do:
- Brand Strategy: Develop and implement a brand strategy that establishes a strong, unique and memorable brand that aligns with the organization’s long term strategy
- Brand Guidelines: Lead the creation of comprehensive brand guidelines, and act as a guardian to ensure consistent and compelling executions of brand messaging and imagery
- Marketing and Communications Strategy: Develop and lead the annual omnichannel marketing and communications campaign in collaboration with internal teams and vendors/agencies, including:
- PR and media relations
- Communications and key messaging
- Collateral (festival guides, postcards, brochures, etc.)
- Annual report and other reports
- Partnerships: Identify, cultivate, and manage strategic partnerships with other brands, media, and tourism organizations and consortiums that increase awareness, strength the brand, and extend its reach
- Leadership and collaboration: Lead team members, cross-functional teams, and contractors and agencies in the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategy
- Innovation and Trends: Monitor marketing best practices used by international festivals, within the arts and culture field at large, and from unrelated sectors. Bring these ideas to Luminato and explore their application with the team.
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to cultivate all of the skills and experience required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role. We encourage candidates to apply who see themselves as having a solid base skill set for the position and interested in learning the rest.
What You Must Have:
- Proven track record of 8+ years in progressively senior branding, marketing, communications or related roles, preferably in the charitable sector
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills with proven experience in effectively leading and mentoring collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and implementing successful brand strategies that drive brand growth and recognition
- Experience developing and implementing successful omnichannel marketing and advertising campaigns to meet organizational and marketing KPIs
- Proficiency in utilizing analytics tools to measure and optimize marketing initiatives
- Adept in developing strong pitches and compelling cases for support
- Experience demonstrating impact through various reporting methods
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing and editing copy in a professional setting
- Strong design acumen with comfort directing and guiding the design of creative assets
- Experience in ideating and negotiating strategic brand and media partnerships
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working in the arts and culture sector and/or live events
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Knowledge of the local, national, and international arts community
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, or a related field
- Commitment to your development and growth. Regular internal trainings in topics such as anti-racism, disability awareness, leadership as well as self-led professional development opportunity support.
- Great culture. We strive to create a supportive and understanding environment here at Luminato. Our work environment is relaxed and our hours are flexible, outside of an expectation to be online/ available between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- Work-life Balance. Many employee-led social and wellness initiatives that all staff are encouraged to participate in.
- Incredible Team. We have a dynamic, resourceful, talented and collaborative team here at Luminato. We are a small but mighty team who are constantly finding new ways of working together and supporting one another to achieve our organizational and personal goals.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.