If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request.
- Captions available on Zoom.
- Option for phone interview.
- Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email Project Manager, Executive Office, Sarah Yellin ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Role: Production Coordinator
Application Deadline: October 7, 2022
Functional Area: Programming and Production
Start Date: November 14, 2022
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 annually
Do you love to work behind-the-scenes in arts and events? Are you a super-strong administrator? We’re looking for an energetic, highly-organized Production Coordinator who wants to learn the details of how a Festival runs, and who is unmatched in their capacity to see the art of keeping the wheels turning. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the success of the annual festival and contribute to a welcoming and positive experience for all artists we work with. We’re a small but mighty team that moves quickly on projects with many moving parts; in this role, you will work with our Festival Producer, Artistic Director, Programmers, and Producers to support each project that we present at the festival in June. You’ll work with staff from across Luminato, including finance, marketing, development, access and volunteers and learn all aspects of running a multi-disciplinary arts festival.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide primary administrative support to the Programming and Production department and the Festival Producer, including:
- Contract tracking and execution
- Collection of key artist and project information
- Processing and tracking of all invoices and Purchases Orders for the department
- Maintaining Production and Presentation schedules, including daily updates during the festival
- Be the primary support person for the Production & Programming team on shared organizational systems including Sharepoint, our Customer Relationship Management database, and project management software;
- Support the Festival Producer in building and executing training and orientation plans for seasonal festival staff;
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure financial processes are streamlined and communicated clearly to production teams and staff;
- Coordinate venue holds and bookings with all venues;
- Provide assistant producing support on individual projects when possible or required;
- Provide general office and administrative support to the Programming and Production Team
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Luminato, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. We’re looking for candidates who have a solid base skill set for the position and are excited about learning the rest.
What You Must Have:
- Outstanding organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- A passion for events and/or the arts
- Eagerness to work collaboratively and ability to meet multiple (sometimes competing) deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A forward-thinking, solutions-oriented approach; an ability to see challenges, and to work proactively to find solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the potential of some evening and weekend work up to and during the festival in June
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working in festivals or live events
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience working with a project budget
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Arts Management or related field
- Experience working with Sharepoint, Customer Relationship Management databases, and project management software
What Can Be Learned:
- Software beyond MS Office including Sharepoint, our Customer Relationship Management database, and Project Management software programs
- Contracting and finance processes
- Understanding and knowledge of Luminato’s commitments to accessibility and access tools
- Commitment to your development and growth. Regular internal trainings in topics such as anti-racism, disability awareness, leadership as well as self-led professional development opportunity support.
- Great culture. We strive to create a supportive and understanding environment here at Luminato. Our work environment is relaxed and our hours are flexible, outside of an expectation to be online/ available between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- Work-life Balance. Many employee-led social and wellness initiatives that all staff are encouraged to participate in. Minimum 15 days vacation a year with added time off around the holidays, as well as sick days, personal days and spiritual days.
- Hybrid work environment. Luminato is currently working in a hybrid work environment with a flex-office space at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street, a fully accessible building. Our office is comfortable and relaxed, and has a great view of the city. Staff are expected to work in the office approximately 2 days a week; and otherwise to work wherever they feel most comfortable and productive, whether that is at home or at the office.
- Incredible Team. We have a dynamic, resourceful, talented and collaborative team here at Luminato. We are a small but mighty team who are constantly finding new ways of working together and supporting one another to achieve our organizational and personal goals.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.