Title: Manager, Philanthropy (Parental Leave)
Term: August 2nd, 2022 to September 8th, 2023
Salary: $62,000 – $68,000
Application deadline: July 8th, 2022
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected] Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request
- Captions available on Zoom
- Option for phone interview
- Other accommodation available on request
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy, the Manager, Philanthropy, is an outstanding major gifts fundraiser who will be integral to increasing financial support of Luminato from individual and foundation donors and prospects. The successful candidate, will manage a portfolio of approximately 50 – 90 major donors and prospects ensuring they are stewarded effectively and remain engaged and committed to our mission. In addition, the Manager, Philanthropy will lead the development of a major gift pipeline which includes the execution of a new funding stream; developing engaging cultivation and stewardship events; and supporting the Senior Director in offering the best in donor care to our supporters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 50 -90 major gifts prospects and donors at various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. In collaboration with senior development staff and senior volunteers, secure a significant number of renewals, new gifts and gift upgrades through a strategic
approach to customized cultivation and solicitation.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective stewardship program, with documented strategies in RE, based on moves management.
- Work with the Development team to engage and steward the board and development committee members in their efforts to support prospect identification and cultivation
- Create and maintain a robust individual and foundation prospect pipeline employing effective prospect research approaches
- Oversee the management of Luminato’s Immersive Circle by providing effective stewardship to current members and cultivating prospects to ensure annual financial growth
- Support the planning and implementation of development events
- Analyze data and prepare written materials including tailored proposals, correspondence, briefing notes, impact reports, and planning documents as appropriate.
- Liaise with staff in other departments to remain current with existing and planned Luminato initiatives and priorities to promote opportunities for philanthropic support.
- Provide key support during the festival time, to all donor engagement and stewardship activities, including receptions and events.
- In all matters relating to donors, corporate partners and other festival business, ensure that all information is kept confidential and handled in an ethical manner.
- Other duties as assigned
• Ability to nurture and develop long-term relationships with prospective and current donors
• Resourceful and independent, and comfortable working with shifting timelines and priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work collaboratively across Development department and entire organization.
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Highly professional; conscientious with a high degree of personal integrity Interest in and knowledge of the arts is desirable
• Passion for philanthropy
• Exceptional attention to detail, ability to develop and execute complex plans and manage multiple
priorities and deadlines
• Ability to work with flexibility including evening and weekend donor engagements.
• Strong sense of commitment and accountability for the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Post-secondary education in fundraising and a minimum of 3 years in major gifts fundraising required
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite of products and Raisers Edge
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or working towards it an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- The role will primarily be delivered remotely, so must be able to work from home effectively
- Occasional weekend and evening work will be required leading up to, and during the Festival
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to cultivate all of the skills and experience required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role. We encourage candidates to apply who see themselves as having a solid base skill set for the position and interested in learning new skills
- Commitment to your development and growth. Regular internal trainings in topics such as anti-racism, disability awareness, leadership as well as self-led professional development opportunity support.
- Great culture. we strive to create a supportive and understanding environment here at Luminato. Our work environment is relaxed and our hours are flexible, outside of an expectation to be online/ available between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- Work-life Balance. Many employee-led social and wellness initiatives that all staff are encouraged to participate in. Due to the nature of our work, April to July is our busiest time.
- Incredible Team. We have a dynamic, resourceful, talented and collaborative team here at Luminato. We are a small but mighty team who are constantly finding new ways of working together and supporting one another to achieve our organizational and personal goals.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected], subject line: Manager, Philanthropy by 5pm on Friday July 8th, 2022.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.