As Canada’s leading retailer and largest private sector employer, we play an important role in bringing positive environmental and social change – both nationally and in the communities we serve.
Climate change is one of the most pressing challenges we face – as a business, community, and planet. So, we have taken a leading role.
The Loblaw 2021 ESG report highlights progress against many ESG initiatives and features several new commitments, one being a focus on climate change.
Net-zero by 2040
- Achieve net-zero GHG emissions by the end of 2040, and a 50% reduction by 2030
- Operate a zero-emissions fleet by 2030
Tackle Plastic Waste
- President’s Choice and No Name plastic packing will be recyclable or reusable by 2025
- Joe Fresh eliminated 8.2 million plastic hangers in 2021.
Eliminate Food Waste
- Zero food waste to landfill by the end of 2030
- In 2021, more than 5.5 million kilograms of food was donated to food banks and food recovery agencies
For more information on the Loblaw commitment to ESG and to read the full 2021 ESG report visit, https://www.loblaw.ca/en/responsibility