215 children who never came home.
Each an undocumented loss.
Every Child Matters.
If you need support please reach out to the Indian Residential Schools Crisis Line, available 24/7: 1-866-925-4419.
If you want to support please donate to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society and sign the petition for a national day of mourning: https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-call-for-a-national-day-of-mourning-for-the-lost-children-of-residential-school
If you would like to learn more about the history of residential schools in Canada and the ongoing realities of colonization please visit:
- The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Overview of the Indian Residential School System
- Indigenous Children and the Child Welfare System in Canada
- Calls to Action Accountability: A 2020 Status Update on Reconciliation
- The National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation Reports
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action
- Residential School Survivors’ Stories
- Survivors Speak – A Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada