Functional area: Marketing, Communications & Audience Engagement
Salary: $50K base inclusive of 4% vacation pay from Mar 2, 2023 to July 22, 2023
If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
– ASL interpretation available on request.
– Captions available on Zoom.
– Option for phone interview.
– Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email Project Manager, Executive Office, Sarah Yellin ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Role: Social Media Coordinator
Do you love writing copy, designing in Canva, and making Instagram Reels and TikToks? Are you a social person who is always engaging online? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Coordinator with a love for social media to join our marketing and communications team. In this role you will have an opportunity to directly impact the success of the 2023 marketing strategy and contribute to the online presence of the company. We’re a small and scrappy team that lives at the intersection of traditional and digital marketing. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of executions and contribute your expertise to a collaborative team. You’ll support the Digital Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator in the creation and roll out of social media posts, handle community management, daily communication with online audiences, and collaborate on website management. You should be comfortable with arts marketing, learning new tools, and passionate about building a creative brand via social media.
What You’ll Do:
Social Media & Community Management
- Work closely with the Digital Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator to ensure timely and effective creation of festival collateral: social media posts, graphics, social media copy, and video (when necessary).
- Collaborate with Digital Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator on the creation and delivery of on-brand, well-designed, and accurate social media kits.
- Facilitate approvals as needed and ensure that all materials are vetted and proofed before passing them to the Digital Content Manager and/or Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications for final review.
- Be part of a team who reviews all outgoing communications to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency with brand-language and company values across all departments.
- Write social media copy, schedule social media posts, and engage with Luminato’s online audience.
- Respond to online questions and comments on social media in a timely manner, especially leading up to and during the festival.
- Support the production of the organization’s social and digital content, ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery. Follow work-back schedules, facilitate edits and help to gain final approvals.
- Be alert to the possibility of reaching communities beyond the original target audiences, and developing cost-efficient approaches to reach and engage them.
- Recognizing Luminato’s program will always be on a journey of evolutionary development, continually look ahead to the possibility of new audience relationships and devise ways to realize them.
- Provide daily administrative support to the team (indirect) and the Digital Content Manager (direct).
Partnerships and Cross-Promotions
- Coordinate the distribution and delivery of social media assets and social media kits to arts organizations, venues, partners, tourism bodies, and government partners.
Project Management and Material Production
- Support the production of the organization’s social media materials, ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery. Facilitate edits and gain asset approvals across departments and from external partners.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Complete website updates as necessary on WordPress.
- Help to manage the brand assets and company’s style guide.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the company’s brand activities, both internally and externally, including positioning, messaging, branding and guidelines.
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to cultivate all of the skills and experience required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role. We encourage candidates to apply who see themselves as having a solid base skill set for the position and interested in learning the rest.
What You Must Have:
- A strong interest in social media and online culture
- Excellent problem-solver
- Initiative to come up with creative ideas that continually improve Luminato’s brand image
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with quick deadlines in a busy team and company environment
- 1-2 years’ experience working in Social Media, Community Management, Marketing and/or Communications
- Experience with MS Office
- Proficiency with Canva
- Enthusiasm about or experience in not-for-profit and arts industry
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working with Sprout Social, Air Table, Cap Cut
- Experience analyzing and understanding social media analytics to make informed decisions
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro
- Experience in branding and communications: internal and external
What Can Be Learned:
- Software for content creation
- Content management software
- An understanding of marketing various arts disciplines
- Digital marketing and content marketing
- Branding and communications: internal and external
- Video editing and graphic design
- Commitment to your development and growth
- Work from home or wherever you are most productive
- Flex-Space Office at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street. Luminato is currently a hybrid work environment.
- Relaxed work environment and flexible working hours
- Work with a civically engaged, collaborative, supportive team
Want to learn more? Visit our website and learn more about our team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.