Functional area: Development
Salary: $40K pro-rated from May 1 to July 31, 2023
Application deadline: April 14, 2023
If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]. Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request.
- Captions available on Zoom.
- Option for phone interview.
- Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process and will provide accommodations as required.
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Development Intern will support to the Development team in the identification and cultivation of its annual giving portfolio. The Intern will play a key role in the planning and implementation of a new IT system for Luminato in addition to serving as a data integrity lead for the Development team. The successful candidate will use their knowledge and experience of donor relations and project management to help ensure Luminato’s supporters are stewarded effectively and remain engaged and committed to our mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work under guidance of the Membership Manager and Development Assistant to provide administrative support through database entry, reporting, and prospect research.
- Research, identify, and lead the strategy on new technologies as it relates to prospecting, cultivating, and stewardship that will enable TipTap, Mobile Giving, and other digital giving vehicles.
- Represent and engage in membership sales prior and during the festival both in-person and online. Lead onsite sales volunteers and direct tasks to actively promote fundraising and membership initiatives.
- Provide customer service and support with concierge ticketing, data entry, list management, and check in process for members and individual donors throughout the festival and at special events.
- Assist with donor communications by drafting letters, emails, newsletters, e-solicitations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of good cultivation and stewardship practices
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced remote-working environment
- Reliable, efficient, and independent
- A desire for a career in arts management or development
- Must be a current or 2023 graduating student from a post-secondary school
- Post-secondary education in fundraising or equivalent work experience is required
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases such as Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Sales experience is an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Mainly sedentary prior and after festival. Active periods of standing and walking throughout shifts during the festival and special events.
- Weekend and evening work will be required leading up and during the festival.
- In all matters relating to donors, corporate partners and other festival business, ensure that all information is kept confidential and handled in an ethical manner.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected], subject line: Development Intern by 5pm on Friday April 14, 2023.
We thank all applicants however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Should you require accommodation during the assessment process, Luminato will work with you to meet your needs.