If you prefer to have this document in an alternative format, please email [email protected]
Audio transcript or ASL video available on demand.
Applications can be in point form, through video and/or voice memos.
For those selected for an interview:
- ASL interpretation available on request.
- Captions available on Zoom.
- Option for phone interview.
- Other accommodation available on request.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email Project Manager, Executive Office, Sarah Yellin ([email protected]).
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
The Role: Corporate Development Officer
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023 at 12 PM EST
Functional Area: Development
Full Time Permanent
Start Date: January 2023
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 annually
Luminato is looking for a Corporate Development Officer to join our Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing an annual corporate portfolio and ensuring excellent partner stewardship. This role requires an understanding of the sponsorship/fundraising cycle, creative thinking, strong organizational and communications skills with opportunities for collaboration all functional areas within the company.
What You’ll Do:
Corporate Partnerships (70%)
- Manage and grow a portfolio of corporate partners that contributes towards the team’s revenue target.
- Provide stewardship support for corporate partners.
- Active participation in prospecting and cultivating corporate partners.
- Support the fulfillment of partnership benefits, including customized impact reports for corporate partners.
- Oversee the completion of data collection documents and provide input into market research initiatives.
- Liaise closely with Marketing towards a collaborative and strategic coordination of supporter recognition.
- Support the Network Advisory Committee by preparing meeting minutes, agendas, revenue updates, and supporting material.
- Facilitate corporate partnerships confirmation and payment process including contract fulfillment, maintenance of supporter records and letters of thanks.
- Collaborate with the Development Assistant on the overall gift acceptance process and Raiser’s Edge maintenance.
- Support development events including volunteers, invitations and RSVPS, logistical arrangements and other event-related needs, if required.
- Maintain and update relevant database and documents for corporate and agency contacts.
- Provide onboarding support and mentorship for Development seasonal staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
We understand that not everyone has had the opportunity to cultivate all of the skills and experience required to fulfill the responsibilities of this role. We encourage candidates to apply who see themselves as having a solid base skill set for the position and interested in learning the rest.
What You Must Have:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience, preferably working in sponsorships or fundraising
- A desire for a career in arts management or development
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the arts
It Would Be Nice If You Had:
- Experience working in the arts and culture sector and/or live events
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Knowledge of the local, national, and international arts community
- Commitment to your development and growth. Regular internal trainings in topics such as anti-racism, disability awareness, leadership as well as self-led professional development opportunity support.
- Great culture. we strive to create a supportive and understanding environment here at Luminato. Our work environment is relaxed and our hours are flexible, outside of an expectation to be online/ available between the hours of 10am and 3pm.
- Work-life Balance. Many employee-led social and wellness initiatives that all staff are encouraged to participate in.
- Incredible Team. We have a dynamic, resourceful, talented and collaborative team here at Luminato. We are a small but mighty team who are constantly finding new ways of working together and supporting one another to achieve our organizational and personal goals.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.