What’s Luminato Festival Toronto?
Vibrant and celebratory; a global player; supporting artists and inspiring social change: these are just a few ways to describe the international event that is Luminato, a civically engaged festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional art-form boundaries. Since 2007, when it was launched to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity, Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of people with performances, events, and spectacles involving over 15,000 artists from more than 40 countries.
Luminato is deeply committed to being accessible and anti-racist, both in the workplace and through the programming. We are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are based solely on job-related factors.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan ([email protected]).
The Role: Producer/Programmer
Luminato is seeking a creative, ambitious, experienced and energetic Producer/Programmer to join our in-house team. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative Producer/Programmer who wants to expand their horizons and work across many disciplines. The Producer/Programmer supports and is an active contributor to the shaping, planning and delivery of both year-round and annual festival programs, with particular focus on projects within the June festival, and the creative direction and producing of the Ideas Programme, and other programming envelopes as developed over time, for year-round roll out and during the festival.
This is a permanent full-time role beginning in February 2022. The starting salary for this position is $65,000.
What You’ll Do:
- Bring your unique perspective, skills, approach and programming ideas to the table.
- Ensure that the Ideas programme is creatively conceived, robust in scope, compelling, and in relationship to the festival program.
- Lead the production of Ideas and other programmes which you will conceive, propose and deliver.
- Produce other projects of scale for the festival.
- Work across all teams to create the best conditions possible for the work and the audience.
- Build and manage relationships with new and previously affiliated artists.
- Engage with local and Canadian artists and companies about projects, commissions, creative development and/or presentation.
What You’ll Need:
- The experience and capacity to conceive and produce projects through to delivery,
- The experience and capacity to produce presentations of ambitious existing works.
- Extensive budgeting and organizational experience.
- To be a willing and effective collaborator, and strategic thinker.
- Wide ranging experience and comfort across a number of artistic disciplines.
- A strong understanding of the cultural landscape with a particular interest and capacity to delve into the context, history and implications of the subjects we address, in order to develop and deliver the Ideas program.
- Because you will pick up existing programming for 2022, you must be willing to respect pre-existing decisions and conditions.
- International experience and other languages are assets but not requirements.
- You can work in close collaboration with a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, high-performing team.
- We are committed to your professional development and growth.
- You can work from home or wherever you are most productive, with some exceptions, especially during the festival.
- We have a flex-Space Office at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street, in Toronto.
- We have a relaxed work environment and flexible work hours.
Want to hear more? Visit our website and learn more about our team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Application Deadline: 16th January, 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible