Culturally vibrant; a global presence; and creative works that inspire social change: these are but a few words that capture the international phenomenon that is Luminato, a festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional artform boundaries. Since its inception in 2007—and founded to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity—over this period Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of individuals through performances, events, and spectacles involving 15,000+ artists from more than 40 countries.
Luminato is committed to being an accessible and anti-racist workplace. In our programming and our daily work, we are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan ([email protected]).
The Role: Membership Manager
Are you a self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to build and grow a program? Are you confident and diplomatic with a commitment to the highest standards of relationship management and donor care? Do you relish working in a fast paced environment with colleagues who are passionate about the work but also love to have fun while working? Perhaps this role is for you!
We are offering an incredible opportunity to oversee the launch of our Individual Membership Program in 2022 and lead its growth and development in the years to come. Our Membership Manager will be a superb communicator with extensive knowledge of membership programs and donor relations. You love the details and enjoy using data to inform your decision-making process. You are comfortable working independently but also value collaboration within and across departments. You have worked in membership and deeply understand what drives loyalty for an organization. You are passionate about working in the arts and share our vision of bringing the best in the arts to communities across our region. Our Membership Manager will be an integral part of our Development team and we look forward to welcoming you. The salary range for this role is between $60,000-$70,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Devise and lead the overall Membership strategy, ensuring that it is attractive and suitable for the target audience while complementing the strategic direction of the Development program at Luminato.
- Lead the acquisition of new Members by developing and executing your recruitment plan including the use of the CRM system, targeted marketing/promotion, events program, communications with existing supporters and social media.
- Manage the Members’ events communications by creating and sending out regular e-communications, including invitations, reminders and inclusion of these events on Luminato website by liaising with the Marketing team.
- Make strategic use of Membership data to inform Membership communications and renewal processes with the aim of maximizing renewal rates (and eventual upgrades).
- Work closely with the Marketing/Ticketing Team to identify and plan opportunities to encourage and increase Members’ secondary spend online and onsite at the Festival.
- Develop and implement an engagement and stewardship plan which includes the creation of a membership e-newsletter and other seasonal/timely campaign communications.
- Devise and lead Membership training for relevant stakeholders like Volunteers.
- Provide the necessary administrative support to ensure the Membership program is successful.
- Other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What You’ll Need:
- Proven track record of success within a fundraising environment, managing a Membership program or annual loyalty scheme within a not-for-profit or charity organization.
- Proven track record to reaching high income targets through Membership, achieved by establishing a compelling program of activity.
- High level of proficiency with a customer relationship management system within a not-for-profit or charity environment.
- Experience of delivering results through leading, developing and empowering teams.
- Experience of undertaking or overseeing the processing of large quantities of data and financial administration, and budgetary responsibility.
- Experience of, or empathy with, the arts/cultural sector is desirable.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a Membership program.
Why Join our team at Luminato?
- Commitment to your development and growth
- Work from home or wherever you are most productive
- Flex-Space Office at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street
- Relaxed work environment and flexible working hours
- Minimum 3 weeks’ vacation, personal days and office closures over the holidays in December.
- Group Benefits
- Work with a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and high-performing team
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected]
This application will close on October 15th, 2021. This position start date is November 8th, 2021.
If you have any other questions regarding this position, or the interview process and accommodations, please email our People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan – [email protected]
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!