Culturally vibrant; a global presence; and creative works that inspire social change: these are but a few words that capture the international phenomenon that is Luminato, a festival dedicated to performance, media, and visual arts programming that cuts across traditional artform boundaries. Since its inception in 2007—and founded to shine a spotlight on Toronto as a globally-connected city boasting an incredible tapestry of creativity—over this period Luminato Festival Toronto has entertained millions of individuals through performances, events, and spectacles involving 15,000+ artists from more than 40 countries.
Luminato is committed to being an accessible and anti-racist workplace. In our programming and our daily work, we are committed to amplifying QTBIPOC voices and enhancing accessibility on stage, for our audiences, and for our staff. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
We believe in creating spaces where anyone can be involved, engaged, empowered, and inspired. Luminato adheres to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier free hiring process, and will provide accommodations as required. To request accommodations please email People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan ([email protected]).
The Role: Individual Giving Coordinator
We are growing Luminato’s Development team and we’re eager to welcome a new member who is detail oriented, loves data and will nerd out over an analysis report when given the opportunity.
We’re also looking for someone who wants to grow in their career as a fundraiser and is passionate about working in the arts. Our position offers the best of both worlds – opportunities to support the administration, research and database needs of the team while helping grow our new individual membership program. Do we have your attention yet?
Reporting to the Associate Director of Philanthropy, and with a dotted line to the Membership Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day administration of our CRM system with particular attention to the data integrity of the Membership program. You will support the acquisition of individual members, and identify and maximize opportunities to engage with members in their first year to ensure high retention for the program. You will further support the prospect pipeline for the Individual and Foundation portfolio including conducting research and informing cultivation strategies for donors and prospects accordingly. Our Individual Giving Coordinator will be an integral part of our Development team and we look forward to welcoming you. The salary range for this role is between $45,000-$50,000 per annum based on skills and experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Associate Director, Philanthropy in the development of a major gifts prospect pipeline for Luminato which includes undertaking research, and providing cultivation and stewardship support.
- Support the Membership Manager with the coordination of Membership operations across the organization including ensuring that all benefits are administered promptly and efficiently to individuals who have joined or renewed the Membership program
- Support the Membership Manager in developing recruitment strategies, actively researching and contributing ideas to inform these strategies.
- Support the management of our CRM system, including data input, reporting and analysis, acknowledgement and tax receipting, development of policies and procedures, and other administrative tracking as needed.
- Work closely with other CRM leads to develop effective policies and procedures that will help ensure data integrity across fundraising, membership, and ticketing teams while adhering to CRA and privacy guidelines.
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of the Membership program and other revenue channels, and liaise accordingly with the Finance team to ensure proper fiscal management.
- Support the Development team with the planning and coordination of Development events including stewardship and cultivation, and Members’ events.
- Other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What You’ll Need:
- A track record of working with CRM systems and expertise in using CRM’s to operate successful membership programs.
- Discretion and confidence in dealing with Members, prospective Members and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal diplomatically with complex enquiries.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize workloads, work independently and deal calmly with several projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- A confident, professional and flexible approach to work, with the ability to keep up with demanding administration.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as a team member.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in particular with regard to data inputting and processing.
- Experience of, or empathy with, the arts/cultural sector is desirable.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or work experience working with membership/loyalty scheme in a charity environment for at least 1-2 years
Why Join our team at Luminato?
- Commitment to your development and growth
- Work from home or wherever you are most productive
- Flex-Space Office at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street
- Relaxed work environment and flexible working hours
- Minimum 3 weeks’ vacation, personal days and office closures over the holidays in December.
- Group Benefits
- Work with a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and high-performing team
Want to hear more? Visit our website and learn more about our team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, your experience, why you are the right fit for this role to [email protected].
This application will close on October 15th, 2021. This position start date is November 8th, 2021.
If you have any other questions regarding this position, or the interview process and accommodations, please email our People & Operations Manager, Caoimhe Whelan – [email protected].
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!