Term: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $50,000 - 55,000
Application deadline: Until filled
Integrity: we encourage the fairness, trust, and transparency that are essential for rewarding interactions internally, within our communities, and with our artists and audiences.
Collaboration: we embrace the diverse thoughts and voices of our communities and work together to create an open and safe environment.
Creativity: we empower and welcome the innovation that will shape our bold visions for the future.
Excellence: we embody an unwavering commitment to greatness across our programming, staff, and collaborators.
Above all, we Respect each other.
By consistently upholding these values, together we seek to build a positive, ambitious culture at Luminato that is professionally rewarding and personally enjoyable.
Each June in Toronto, Luminato presents a multitude of transformative artistic experiences that provoke, delight and inspire a wide rage of audiences. Luminato is driven by high-calibre, adventurous programming: from the most exciting and culturally-diverse talent to the most provocative and compelling international work, all for the largest-possible audiences. Providing a platform for artists and audiences to discuss, debate and engage through art and ideas is at the heart of Luminato’s mandate.
We are proud stewards of Toronto, Ontario and Canada on the world stage, helping to build each area’s reputation as a place to visit, live, work and invest. Our growing global stature and impact on the cultural sector, both in Canada and abroad, amplifies the power of the artists we work with and lends to Luminato’s mission of presenting international work in Canada and promoting Canadian artistic creations beyond our borders.
The Development Associate, Annual Giving is a key member of Luminato’s Development Team, responsible for managing the annual giving portfolio that includes annual individual and foundation donors and prospects under $5,000 as well a Young Patrons program. The Associate will also lead and manage all annual development events.
Reporting to Manager, Individual and Foundation Giving, the ideal candidate will have a background in event management, annual giving campaigns and a passion for philanthropy. The candidate will have a good understanding of current trends in annual giving and experience in a fast pace, result driven fundraising environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute effective annual donor acquisition and renewal campaigns to meet the revenue goals
- Develop an effective stewardship program for donors below $5,000 level.
- Enhance, update and monitor the online donor experience including social media channels and the website
- Support the Creative Currents donor program
- Benchmark and track annual fund metrics and goals, (amount raised, number of donors engaged and upgraded to higher giving levels, retention rate, actions and return on investment)
- Meet revenue targets and manage expense budgets
- Participate actively as a member of the Development team
- Facilitate and coordinate all annual development events
- Support volunteer event committees
- Prepare event marketing pieces
- Send invitations and maintain RSVP lists
- Organize debriefs and event evaluations
- Monitor budget and project plans for event logistics and support
- Inspire, motivate and support staff and volunteers to engage in events
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organization goals
- Assist with the solicitation of event sponsors
- Under the supervision of Prospect Researcher, manage donation acceptance process including gift processing, maintenance of donation records, gift administration of all contributions, official tax receipts, and letters of thanks that ensure CRA compliance
- Liaise closely with Marketing department towards a more collaborative and strategic coordination of mailings, campaigns and donor recognition
- Support senior volunteers by preparing meeting minutes, agendas and prospect lists
- Manage Luminato’s donor concierge ticketing service including preparation of ticket packages, servicing ticket inquires, coordination and attending concierge ticketing events
- Assist with donor communications by drafting letters, assisting with mail outs (event invitations, ticket orders, solicitations, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event planning, annual campaigns and donor stewardship.
- Demonstrated success in deploying effective digital annual fundraising campaigns
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including marketing and communications
- Self-starter, creative and solution oriented
- Demonstrated track record of success in securing annual gifts
- Proven track record in teamwork and team-building
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to make good decisions in a confident and timely manner
- Flexible and adaptable: ability to adapt to changing situations and to reprioritize tasks to successfully meet goals
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Passion for philanthropy
- Sound knowledge of CRA guidelines that relate to events and gift-in-kind donations is an asset
- Experience with a donor database (Raisers Edge preferred) and a willingness to learn is an asset
The physical demands of the position include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
How to Apply
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Luminato’s online application portal:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.