Finance and Administration
$60,000 - 70,000
Open Until Filled
: we encourage the fairness, trust, and transparency that are essential for rewarding interactions internally, within our communities, and with our artists and audiences.
: we embrace the diverse thoughts and voices of our communities and work together to create an open and safe environment.
: we empower and welcome the innovation that will shape our bold visions for the future.
: we embody an unwavering commitment to greatness across our programming, staff, and collaborators.
Above all, we Respect
By consistently upholding these values, together we seek to build a positive, ambitious culture at Luminato that is professionally rewarding and personally enjoyable.
Reporting to the V.P. Finance & Administration, this hands-on position is responsible for the management of the organization’s financial and accounting processes and maintaining accurate financial records and reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to the VP, Finance & Administration in maintaining financial records and internal controls and policies of the organization
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date general ledger
- Manage purchase orders and payables to ensure accurate, authorized and timely payment, liaising with suppliers and other departments, as required
- Manage receivables and receipts including invoicing, bank deposits
- Payroll maintenance and processing
- Coordinate with Development team for tax receipting and reconciliation to Raisers Edge or the in house ticketing system as applicable
- Maintenance and monitoring of cash flow forecasts to enable effective day-to-day cash management including bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with the financial component of funding grant and proposals by providing appropriate budget information and final reporting
- Preparation of financial component of grant applications and proposals including providing appropriate budget information and reporting
- Reconciliation of festival ticket revenue including hands on use of the in-house ticketing system
- Liaise with other departments to assist them in managing their budgets
- Tax reporting including quarterly HST, seasonal withholding taxes and related T4A and T4A-NR filings
- Liaise with external auditors including preparation of account reconciliations and schedules
- Interview and selection of an appropriate candidate for the Finance Assistant role from May – August including providing training and direct supervision of all duties
- Special projects as required
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Account designation is preferred
- Advanced skills in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with Ceridian is beneficial
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting standards and charity legislation
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Some weekend and evening work required particularly during the annual festival in June
How to Apply
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Luminato’s online application portal by 9AM on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Should you require accommodation during the assessment process, Luminato will work with you to meet your needs.