Contract – January 11, 2021 to March 31st
, 2021 with extension to a year term pending funding approval
Marketing, Communications and Audience Engagement
Deadline to apply:
January 4, 2021
$35,000 – $39,000/annum
Luminato is Toronto’s international festival of arts and ideas. Each June in Toronto, Luminato presents a multitude of transformative artistic experiences that provoke, delight and inspire a wide rage of audiences. Luminato is driven by high-calibre, adventurous programming: from the most exciting and culturally diverse talent to the most provocative and compelling international work, all for the largest-possible audiences. Providing a platform for artists and audiences to discuss, debate and engage through art and ideas is at the heart of Luminato’s mandate. Please visit our website at Luminato.com for more information about the festival.
Reporting to the Digital Communications Coordinator, the Digital Communications Assistant will help support Luminato’s marketing and communications team in managing the festival’s social media platforms, campaigns and digital communications, including email marketing, Luminato’s website, content creation, and related administrative tasks.
Social Media and Digital Communications
Reporting and Analytics
- Assist in managing the social media promotions budget Assist in scheduling and monitoring content across all of Luminato’s social media platforms
- With guidance from the Digital Communications Coordinator, appropriately respond to public queries made via Luminato’s social media and digital platforms
- Accessibility - ensure accessibility is being centered in all communications clearly and directly
- Work with team to source and/or create compelling video, photo and written content for Luminato’s social media and digital platforms around Luminato events and programs, both festival related and year-round programming related
- Research best practices and new platforms/tools for audience engagement through social media and website-based content
- Work with the Digital Communications Coordinator to develop year-round inbound marketing content funnel
- Support Digital Communications Coordinator in developing and deploying content across Luminato channels and digital platforms from January to July
- Assist in the execution and fulfilment of Luminato contests, giveaways and other digital campaigns
- Work with Digital Communications Coordinator to ensure that all corporate partnership social media and digital communications requirements and reporting are fulfilled as contracted
- Identify opportunities to create/repurpose user-generated content across all platforms
- Support Digital Communications Coordinator in executing email campaigns
- Assist in monthly data collection and reporting on social media and email analytics
- Source relevant analytics and assist in creating accurate and detailed reports according to established protocols
- Support Digital Communications Coordinator in completing festival post mortem report with detailed analytics including traffic, reach, views, ROI on paid initiatives, major successes and areas of improvement
- Attend festival events to live-tweet and/or support event execution via social media platforms
- Work with Digital Communications Coordinator to ensure there is constant coverage and monitoring of social media during the festival; vet User Generated Content, post and credit as appropriate
- Assist in creating and sourcing content for the Luminato blog, emails and newsletter
- Assist with additional digital marketing, communications and promotional projects as assigned
- Provide administrative support as assigned for Director of Digital Communications and Audience Development team
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms and best practices with relevant work experience
- Familiarity with trends in digital standards, best practices, accessibility and usability
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve conflicts, with a positive and professional attitude
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask with quick deadlines in a busy environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email marketing software and social media software, as well as Adobe Creative Cloud (asset)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- 1 to 2 years’ social media content planning, creation and management experience in a professional setting
- Experience using content management systems, email marketing programs and customer relationship management tools
- Image editing and graphic design skills an asset
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in digital marketing, online community management or a related field
How to Apply
- Currently working from home
- Weekend & evening work required particularly in the run-up to and during the festival
- Periods of extended seating, computer work
- Periods of extended standing and potential lifting up to 20 lbs
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to Luminato’s online portal
. The posting will be closed at 5:00 pm on January 4, 2021.
We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and all others interested in the position.
You must be registered or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in order to be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.
Aboriginal Employment and Training