Term: Permanent, Full time
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
- Develops, implements and monitors Development event plan, budget and key performance indicators.
- Takes an active role in revenue generation: maintains his/her own portfolio of 40-50 prospects and donors at various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The portfolio includes both corporate and individual donors.
- Fosters learning, development and teamwork in partnership within Development department, and effectively collaborates with other departments.
- Establishes processes and practices that advance the portfolio’s performance and support Luminato’s revenue goals.
- Effectively develops, executes and coordinates Luminato’s Development events - including all event sponsorship fundraising, logistical planning, event preparation, and overall management of printed and event materials, working closely with volunteers and committee chairs.
- Drafts proposals and impact reports for corporate, foundation and individual prospects aligning their interests to the program
- Develops partner recognition agreements, ensures the delivery of all sponsor benefits and fulfills agreement promises.
- Develops profiles & briefing notes for major gift and corporate prospects, including cultivation and stewardship events.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure event promotion content for both traditional and social media
- Maintains sponsorship pipeline information in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge), actions next steps, generates and analyzes reports for event review
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- Utilizes the Raiser’s Edge Event module for overall event tracking.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising or related field.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Event Management, or another related field.
- Minimum 3 years management experience in events fundraising, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple fundraising events.
- Exposure to the non-profit sector, specifically in the area of special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising.
- Previous experience working with senior level volunteers in the not for profit sector.
- Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required.
- Strong ability to multitask; able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and to motivate volunteers.
- Social media and website management experience.
- Extremely organized and proactive with the foresight to anticipate and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to handle people with sensitivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Superb attention to detail.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Strategic thinker.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Experience using Raiser's Edge an asset.
How to Apply
- Weekend & evening work required especially during the festival.
Please upload your resume and cover letter to Luminato’s online application portal by January 31, 2020, 11:59 pm.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.