The Chief Development Officer will drive the philanthropic vision for Luminato Festival Toronto in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and the highly accomplished and well-respected Board of Directors. They will advance the organization’s mission and key objectives as well as strengthen the organization’s profile by delivering results through collaboration. Our candidate will possess a love of the arts and will be inspired by Luminato Festival Toronto’s mission.
Our Chief Development Officer will be a strategic thinker and a highly proficient fundraiser who will identify and develop opportunities to drive success in an integrated advancement environment. The Chief Development Officer will be poised, confident and self-assured. They will build and nurture long lasting relationships with donors and sponsors and will effectively lead and manage the efforts of senior level volunteers.
Organized, yet flexible and responsive, the new Chief Development Officer will apply rigor and analysis to guide and direct major gift activities, with a commitment to achieving and surpassing fundraising targets. Comfortable with decision making and calm under pressure, the successful candidate will be a team player who embraces collaboration.
Authentic leadership capacity
• Believes in the power and collective impact of exceptional teams and the importance of collaboration both with the philanthropy team and all key stakeholders — “we” is greater than “I”
• Not content with the status quo — has the grit roll up their sleeves attitude and leads across the team to help achieve bold objectives
• Experience coaching and building high performance teams
- Highly mission motivated, brings out the best in others by creating spaces for individuals to deliver on their “why?”
- High emotional intelligence, including high levels of self-awareness, empathy, and motivation, and the ability to regulate emotions
- Can read people and situations, understand body language, and ‘hear the unsaid’
- An expert in reciprocity and appreciation
- Sets an example through hard work and collegiality
- Lack of ego, preferring to save the plaques for donors, not the asker
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude and vision. This portfolio is scheduled for significant growth over the coming years and our successful candidate will need to provide effective leadership, and think beyond today and the status quo
- Someone positive in nature, ready for any opportunity
- High standards (‘good enough’ is never enough)
- A team player (we can do it attitude)
- A big thinker—national/global
- Propel people toward the mission—can challenge and inspire
- Hold people accountable; team-builder; coaches individuals
- Encourages a positive culture of planning, implementation, and review
- A true role model, demonstrating honesty, openness, transparency
- Puts the interest of the business ahead of personal interests
- Admits mistakes easily with an eye to solving problems in the future
- Significant Major Gift leadership giving experience with a track record of success
- Experience crafting a strategy that has well-defined longitudinal goals but that has the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Capitalizes on opportunity, but not afraid to create opportunities to build long-term, productive relations with donors
- Experience working with an accomplished Board of Directors to understand goals and leverage capacity and network
- 10+ years of progressive experience in all aspects of philanthropy
- A comprehensive understanding of the full range of giving options. Knowledge of bequests and other forms of estate giving, would be an asset
- Views the business from the “shoes of the donor”
- Understands sales, sales process and forecasting
- Experience working on landmark fundraising campaigns would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience
- Advanced Degree
- Fundraising Certification from an accredited body (i.e.: CFRE, FAHP, ACFRE)
Please find a full Position Profile from Preston Human Capitol Group here.
How to Apply
Apply now by emailing your CV and Cover Letter to Lindsay Preston at email@example.com. We thank all those interested in this opportunity and to all those who will apply. Please note only qualified respondents will be contacted. The application deadline is June 5, 2020.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Luminato is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Should you require accommodation during the assessment process, Luminato will work with you to meet your needs.