Marketing, Communications and Audience Engagement
Deadline to apply:
February 5, 2021
Luminato is Toronto’s international festival of arts and ideas. Each June in Toronto, Luminato presents a multitude of transformative artistic experiences that provoke, delight and inspire a wide rage of audiences. Luminato is driven by high-calibre, adventurous programming: from the most exciting and culturally diverse talent to the most provocative and compelling international work, all for the largest-possible audiences. Providing a platform for artists and audiences to discuss, debate and engage through art and ideas is at the heart of Luminato’s mandate. Please visit our website at Luminato.com for more information about the festival.
The Audience Engagement Data Analyst is responsible for generating insights from research, reporting, and data analysis in support of the Festival’s audience engagement and growth strategies. This role will primarily support the marketing and communications team but will also work with teams across the organization developing new analysis requirements, maintain dashboards, and analyze marketing and web/mobile performance to drive audience engagement and conversion rates. This position is responsible for managing and maintaining our customer database, ticketing platform and email service provider (currently Spektrix and dotmailer) and for supporting the organizations tech stack development.
Roles and Responsibilities
CRM and contact database
- Develop new analysis requirements, maintain dashboards, and analyse marketing data
- Ensure the database is current and accurate as realistically possible, with updates that occur anywhere in the company being quickly and accurately entered into the database
- Conduct analysis of festival audiences (year-round events and festival) using ticketing and database analysis and research; use this information to assist Development and Marketing and Communications in making data-backed decisions
- Act as the main point of contact with customer database (currently Spektrix) and oversee the continued development of the CRM system; developing training plans for staff (permanent, seasonal and contract) to ensure that the full potential of database is consistently used to the full as an informational, operational and analytical resource to the company
- Proactively ensure that staff generally have the knowledge and skills they need to ensure that the database is an easily used asset for the company as a whole, contributing to the company’s revenue bottom line and also the efficiency (speed, accuracy and customer-friendliness) with which patron and contact communications are executed
- Work with the marketing and communications team to ensure seamless integration of database (Spektrix) with the organizational website, broadcast and digital platforms.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Design, create and automate weekly, monthly and quarterly dashboards and reports, as well as meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including detailed channel performance reports.
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior for audience insights to support decisions and deliver on improved audience experience.
- Work with various teams to set up A/B testing of marketing initiatives and test, measure and report results of all efforts.
- Help drive audience growth by measuring, analyzing, and helping to optimize SEO.
- Manage all online analytics to report audience performance, key changes, customer lifetime value metrics, and performance opportunities back into Marketing and Communications or relevant teams within the organization.
- Maintain and support web data integrity/validation. Be able to identify gaps in the current data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
- Support Development team in maximizing use of Raiser’s Edge and development software, as needed
- Partner internally and externally to ensure best practices in metrics and decision making are being maintained, and act proactively in analyzing audience behavior using available data to influence changes on the website.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for website performance.
- Make recommendations on software and data that will further marketing & analytics initiatives
- Develop analytics, deliver sector and company intelligence, and provide insights that focus on generating measurable results.
- When appropriate, liaise closely with the Vice President of Finance and Administration to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Closely monitor ongoing and incidental expenditures related to the database CRM and related affiliate software and programs
- Strong expertise in Google Search Console to support SEO-informed content marketing, experience auditing websites, experience using SEO tools (e.g. MOZ, ahrefs, etc.), and knowledge of SEO best practices (e.g. canonical tagging, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience of Spektrix an asset, otherwise hands-on experience of any other equivalent CRM-based ticketing system
- Proficient in WordPress
- Highly proficient data manipulation skills (extracting, transforming, loading) with the ability to merge web analytic data with additional audience behavioral data
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Google Data Studio is an asset
- An understanding of key digital content marketing metrics such as new and returning customers, customer lifetime value models, building sales funnels, etc.
- Passion for digital marketing and keeping on top of trends, with a solid understanding of interactive channels (search, online media, website/mobile development, etc.) and content marketing principles
- Experience in a data analytics, reporting, data science
- Experience with A/B Testing tools (e.g. Google Optimize, etc.)
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated strength in planning, prioritizing, organizing and project management to meet deadlines
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or another quantitative discipline or College Diploma with equivalent experience
- 2+ years of digital analytics expertise using Google Analytics including implementing event tracking, custom dimensions/metrics through Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- 2+ years of SEO management and optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills with an innate sense of curiosity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with prolonged periods of high volume workloads including evening and weekend work leading up to and during the Festival
- A congenial “team player” attitude is essential
- A passion for the performing arts with an understanding of not-for-profit organizations is an asset
How to Apply
- Currently working from home
- Weekend & evening work required particularly in the run-up to and during the festival
- Periods of extended seating, computer work
- Periods of extended standing and potential lifting up to 20 lbs
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to Luminato’s online portal
. The posting will be closed at 5:00 pm on February 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
Luminato is an equal opportunity employer. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an in person interview) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with us.